Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with nearly 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don't hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, "Hey! I could do that!"
What does this team do?
The Motley Fool Canada (Fool.ca) is:
- The only team at the company who celebrates an annual Canada Day of Fun
- One of the fastest growing units within the business.
- A publisher with tens of thousands of members and a mission to help the world invest -- better!
This team also publishes articles covering virtually all aspects of business-- from stock ideas to asset allocation and much more. We write specifically for Canadians, and we cover both the Canadian and U.S. markets. We also host a range of educational content, written in plain English that even a six-year-old could understand, with the sole intention of helping you take control of your own money and make better financial decisions.
What would you do in this role?
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Lead who can pair a deep understanding of marketing with the technology that enables it. You love finding and rolling out marketing technology with the goal of accelerating growth for Motley Fool Canada. You’ll become our marketing technology maestro with a deep understanding of our marketing toolbox, including custom systems and third-party platforms. You will understand our budgets and objectives and have ongoing daily conversations with key stakeholders on the team to advance acquisition, product, and retention goals. Collaboration will be key as you administer, design, and build solutions to problems.
But what does this role actually do?
- Manage our marketing technology products and all partner-related tech requests
- Integrate our existing marketing technology products with each other.
- Develop expertise in our marketing technology suite, training and supporting Fools on how best to utilize our toolbox.
- Drive the investigation, evaluation, integration, and adoption of new tools and services to solve for business needs.
- Improve our customer segmentation abilities to better target ads and renewals.
- Help support and run test initiatives – from design through to implementation.
- Support continued development of Fool.ca site optimization (theme customization/SEO)
- Serve as a key connection between the Motley Fool Canada team and Global Tech, helping ensure stable systems are built and work within our overall architecture.
We’d love to work with you if:
You solve problems: You spot issues and inefficiencies from a mile away and aren’t afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to seek input from others and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
You pay attention to detail: Missed details erode accountability, and that hurts when customers are trusting us to provide the analysis and tools they use to make financial decisions! You actively pull in other team members to review your code and understand the value of testing when necessary.
You’re curious and love to learn: Whether it’s the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share with your fellow Fools – dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
You take pride in your work: When a member cancels, it brings a tear to your eye.You want to ensure that every customer has a great experience with The Motley Fool because of what you build.
You love to have fun: You see your job as an opportunity to express your creativity and collaborate with others!
What do you need to apply?
- Knowledge and deep interest in the digital marketing space.
- Experience working with tools and solutions in the following areas.
- Customer segmentation & analytics (Lytics, Segment, Google Analytics and Google Optimize)
- Digital marketing software & campaign management tools (MailChimp, Mandril, Kevel)
- WordPress, Website/SEO optimization
- At minimum an intermediate knowledge of PHP/WordPress, especially landing pages or front-end design features and implementing/utilizing plugins
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to convey technical concepts to business stakeholders and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- A track record of curiosity and problem solving when it comes to implementing and optimizing digital marketing solutions.
It’s even better if you have…
- Some experience working with tools and solutions in the following platforms
- Lytics and Segment
- Google properties - Analytics, Google Optimize, and Tag Manager
The Motley Fool has been twice named Glassdoor’s #1 Best Small Business to work for in the U.S., named to Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2020, named one of Built In’s Best Places to Work in Colorado, and we’re a perennial favorite on Washingtonian’s list of Best Places to Work year after year. Our targeted cash compensation for this role is between $100,000 and $130,000, which does not include any potential equity offerings. Below you’ll see a few of our perks, but check out this site for the complete list:
- No “vacation policy” (not to be confused with a “No vacation” policy)
- Paid maternity, paternity, and pet-ernity leave
- $1,000 to invest when you start
- Super low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
- Comprehensive compensation package, including company equity
Please note, no sponsorship is available for this position.