Technical Project Manager
Vail Systems is seeking a Technical Project Manager who is capable of managing and working with skilled technical teams to develop and deliver enterprise application solutions. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be expected to map out and plan projects to ensure all project deliverables are being completed in a timely manner. The TPM will be able to assist the engineers to remove technical roadblocks and ensure products are developed & deployed to meet the stakeholders’ requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in agile project management frameworks to develop and track projects. The applicant will have knowledge of software development, agile methodologies, test case development, and end-to-end/user acceptance testing. Additionally, the candidate will be organized, responsive, analytical, and have strong leadership abilities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage projects through quarterly program increments (PIs) and ensure they follow a structured process.
- Ensure documentation such as requirements, architecture, designs, release notes, and retrospectives are recorded, organized, and maintained.
- Work as a liaison between product and development to breakdown requirements into small/incremental phases of work.
- Manage an interconnected set of work-streams with multiple teams to accomplish the stakeholder’s objective and also clearly spell out the constraints (resources, scope, timeline, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Project Management Lead on the product to ensure interdependencies between teams are aligned towards achieving the overall product strategy.
- Provide reliable estimates and plans to maintain transparency on project status with effective tracking and communication of milestones and accomplishments.
- Manage scope, changes at the component, product, QA, data, and process levels.
- Conduct team meetings to assess potential risks and address issues that arise throughout the PI.
- Facilitate a full Scrum lifecycle from kickoff, daily standups, retrospectives, to stakeholder demos.
- Conduct weekly stakeholder status meetings to present progress towards project milestones.
- Coordinate the deployment of new releases to Test & Production environments and ensure that appropriate testing is performed along with defining rollback strategies.
- Support development team to identify and resolve production bugs and issues.
- Coordinate the support and resolution for critical and major incidents.
- Coordinate with the Project Management team to implement new processes and templates to improve efficiency.
- Coach team members in one-on-one setting to assist with project deliverables and provide performance feedback.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical project management role.
- Experience managing medium to large-scale projects with teams of 5+ staff and 1+ year timelines.
- Experience with software development and testing.
- A confident presenter who can give project briefings to executive teams and translate technical requirements.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies such as Scrum or SAFe.
- Experience working with diverse groups in a highly technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- 1+ year of experience in the telecommunications/telephony industry.
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can’t be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Vail’s products are efficient, productive and add value for our clients.