Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We're a graduate of the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just recently raised a Series A round, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 called Shogun Frontend (you can read more about that in Tech Crunch).
Our team is fully remote, distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
An experienced TypeScript + React Engineer in the United States, Canada or the UK who will be working directly on one of our client-facing products, helping people build highly performant pages and PWAs for their eCommerce stores.
- You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, Webpack, GraphQL, etc
- You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement
- You'll work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces
- You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams
- You'll regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorm high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements
- You'll proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve
- Have worked heavily with TypeScript for at least two years
- Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc)
- 2+ years knowledge of Node.js and Next.js
- Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc)
- Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
- Great knowledge of Webpack and how to configure it properly
- Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Real-world TypeScript code we can review
- Knowledge of bundlers outside of Webpack (e.g. Rollup or Parcel) and their proper configurations
- Knowledge working with GraphQL
- Working experience building PWAs
- A competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An environment that cares highly about the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them!
- A fully remote work environment - our team is global and has been remote from the very start! Check out our remote work guide here for a deeper look at how we do remote.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.