Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
As Flockjay’s Vice President of Strategy, you will be the pioneering leader responsible for driving the strategy & execution of our admissions, growth, business development, and marketing functions. You will also work closely with external partners to understand our product’s value and drive to improve that value every day. With each of these pieces, your affinity for data and analytics will play an integral role in devising metrics that measure success relative to our key business goals.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone to lead and implement initiatives that have massive impacts on growth, engagement, conversion, and internal operations while being part of a small, growing team. The right individual will have a solid strategic, sales, marketing, and leadership background that matches roll-up-your-sleeves, a hands-on mentality, and a strong sense of urgency.
As our VP Strategy, you will report directly to our CEO and manage our growing team. This position is currently fully remote; however, we cannot provide visa sponsorship at this time.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize your sales and marketing excellence to manage a high functioning Admissions, Growth, and Business Development teams - hire, train, evaluate, set goals and provide impactful feedback.
- Gather marketplace and business insights to connect the dots, elevate trends, and generate ideas across the Flockjay business as a whole.
- Identify gaps between vision and current state: translate vision into an impactful plan, including critical priorities, success metrics, achievements, investment requirements, and roles.
- Oversee and shape our content, brand, and external communications strategy to raise awareness of Flockjay, drive relevant traffic back to our site and increase student and company awareness.
- Own strategy, development, and execution across all partner-facing demand generation content, with an emphasis on video, audio, and written sales content.
- Innovate and scale our admissions process to meet enrollment targets for top talent joining our training programs.
- Build new admissions programs that will help applicants move through the admissions funnel and deliver on key admissions funnel metrics.
- Support co-marketing efforts between partner orgs and Flockjay by managing strategic partnerships with Nonprofits, Educational Institutions, Affinity/Identity Groups, and similar organizations.
- Be a public-facing Flockjay brand leader and advocate for our values and mission.
What You'll Bring:
- Strategic mindset, but doesn’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves to deliver results, with an extreme player/coach mentality.
- 8-10 years of related experience in Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, Growth, etc.
- Experience developing partnership strategy and identifying, sourcing, and analyzing new partnership opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps and how Flockjay can support their goals.
- Previous experience leading and managing a team with demonstrated ability to coach and develop future leaders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive attitude and natural curiosity with a willingness to move at an uncomfortable pace,
What You'll Get:
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you'll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and productivity stipends
- Mental health resources and free access to Pace Groups
- Monthly cultural events, programming and initiatives
- Fully equipped workstation
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to 20+ company-wide holidays
- Remote-first work environment
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.