Visual / UI Designer (Remote)
What you will work on
Our mission is to remove friction for IoT fleet owners (for example, people that need to build and monitor multiple digital advertising screens all over the city). Therefore building and maintaining an intuitive and functional User Experience is key to everything we do. IoT is technically complex and chaotic at times, but we find beauty in bringing order to chaos and telling stories through visuals and interactions to enable our users to succeed with balena.
As a Visual Designer, you will work at the intersection of branding, visual identity, and UI/UX. You will continually research user needs, test ideas, sketch, seek feedback, develop solutions that will help you refine your designs, and develop a design system. You will work closely with engineering, product, and outreach teams to evolve our design efforts and ensure every new launch and marketing initiative is infused with the balena brand language.
- Leverage user feedback and data to identify friction points and engagement drivers, prototype solutions, and iterate on designs
- Design landing pages, create visuals and digital assets, and craft marketing materials
- Convert UX wireframes to high-fidelity UIs, bridging the gap between UX design and front-end development
- Maintain a consistent voice, look, and feel of UI components across all products
- Produce and update style guides and brand guidelines
- Help brainstorm and create design systems that can be implemented automatically
- Be a source of design advice for peers, sharing your expertise and educating others
- Background in interaction and visual design – branding, identity, UX, UI (or strong willingness to dive deep into these)
- Experience producing high-quality designs, illustrations, wireframes, prototypes, or code
- Understanding and application of UX principles and user-centric design practices
- Ability to manage ambiguity, make critical trade-off decisions, and push projects to completion
- Strong product intuition and a passion for solving problems from first-principles
- Continuous improvement mindset, and desire to make self and others more effective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in English
- Familiarity with technologies and tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, and Github
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience or interest in designing for technical products or a developer audience
- Background in leading projects and working across teams to build great user experiences
Make sure to let us know if any of these items apply to you! Please also share a link to your portfolio.
Back to jobs